Tuesday 13 March 2018

14 March

View from the top of the Avondale Hill. I love Southland.
I didn't love this road so much though. Southroads have decided that the road needed regravelled - just in time for the Brevet. It was thick and difficult to ride in. I ended up riding a good deal in the grass at the side of the road.
In case you don't know the Brevet is the same ride as I am doing but self supporting and to be done in between 10 and 30 days. That's a minimum of 100 km per day every day for a month. Those people really don't need a road to be harder than necessary. On the plus side the actual hill climb was sealed.
This afternoon the wind picked up. Mostly tail or side wind but as we got closer to Winton it was turning. With a little luck I will get to Bluff tomorrow about 2 and miss the rain.
We are staying tonight with Jenny and John. It is so nice to be able to catch up with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment