Thursday 1 March 2018

2 March

The rain started in the early morning.  It rained as we took down the tent. It rained as we packed the car. It rained as I stared off down the road. And it rained all the way to Greymouth.
As we left the camp at Punakaiki there was a one way piece of road, washout, controlled by traffic lights. There were two cyclists ahead of me and we were managing the climb,  albeit slowly. They were heavily laden. The lights changed before we reached the end of the pinch and a car came down the hill towards us. The German cyclist bent down to the open window as if to say something and then looked at me and shrugged and said ,  "What can you say?"
Unfortunately I thought of plenty I could have said as I biked along. We should never have given way and made him back up. But we didn't.
I had the best pie ever at Runanga.

No comments:

Post a Comment